C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, January 29, 2010

The Courage of Her Convictions


You should go read Joe's post about Zelda Rubinstein, who just died at age 76:



I never lived in Los Angeles, but I remember seeing those ads; probably in the Advocate or some other, more pictorial (ahem!) magazines back then.

Never knew anything about Zelda, but what a sweetheart she was.  And even though her career took a big hit, totally unafraid to do the right thing.  Bless her, and God rest her soul.

Which does remind me of my own mother's character:  and perhaps she instilled in me some of that moral courage, which is much more rare than the physical kind.  And therefore more worthy of our praise.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails