C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, January 25, 2010

Fired Up, Ready to Go - Against the Buzz Saw

President Obama Hold Town Hall Meeting In Ohio

At a Town Hall meeting on Friday in Elyria, Ohio, President Obama had this to say at the end of a gruesome week for healthcare reform:
So here's the good news: We've gotten pretty far down the road. But I've got to admit, we had a little bit of a buzz saw this week.

Now, I also know that part of the reason is, is that this process was so long and so drawn out -- this is just what happens in Congress. I mean, it's just an ugly process. You're running headlong into special interests, and armies of lobbyists, and partisan politics that's aimed at exploiting fears instead of getting things done. And then you've got ads that are scaring the bejesus out of everybody. (Laughter.) And the longer it takes, the uglier it looks. . . .

And I'm not going to walk away just because it's hard. We are going to keep on working to get this done -- with Democrats, I hope with Republicans -- anybody who's willing to step up. Because I'm not going to watch more people get crushed by costs or denied care they need by insurance company bureaucrats. I'm not going to have insurance companies click their heels and watch their stocks skyrocket because once again there's no control on what they do.

So long as I have some breath in me, so long as I have the privilege of serving as your President, I will not stop fighting for you.
Well, I'm glad to hear you testify, Mr. Fierce Advocate.  I hope you mean it this time.

2 comments:

TomS said...

Shoulda said this during the campaign...of course, he wouldn't be the President today if he did...
He will not get ANY help from Republicans, and the sooner he quits this baffling charade, the sooner he'll once again appear to be a man of priciple.

Russ Manley said...

Actually, he did sound like this during the campaign . . . but he's given the Repubs plenty of chances to act like responsible adults, and all they want to do is play "Animal House." Enough, already.

Related Posts with Thumbnails