C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, January 16, 2010

Haiti Still Desperate for Help

Maybe 200,000 dead.  Rachel reports on the bottleneck keeping supplies and medical help from those who need it in Port-au-Prince.

I'm not a military man, and no experience in such a huge logistical problem, so I can't criticize anyone at this point.  But it sure is sounding more and more like New Orleans after Katrina:  thousands of people stranded in baking heat without water, food, or other necessities.

Hillary is enroute to Haiti today to view the destruction and relief efforts in person.  Is it just me, or does she look 15 years older than she did in the campaign?  Wonder why that is.





2 comments:

Stan said...

heartbreaking are the images coming out of poor Haiti. I was crying watching this last night.

Russ Manley said...

Yes, just terrible, the scenes down there. . . . they need relief now, not tommorrow.

Related Posts with Thumbnails