C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Drive: Don't Laugh at Me

Indeed, the body does not consist of one member but of many. If the foot would say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," that would not make it any less a part of the body. And if the ear would say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," that would not make it any less a part of the body. If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole body were hearing, where would the sense of smell be? But as it is, God arranged the members in the body, each one of them, as he chose.

If all were a single member, where would the body be? As it is, there are many members, yet one body. The eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you," nor again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you." On the contrary, the members of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, and those members of the body that we think less honorable we clothe with greater honor, and our less respectable members are treated with greater respect; whereas our more respectable members do not need this.

But God has so arranged the body, giving the greater honor to the inferior member, that there may be no dissension within the body, but the members may have the same care for one another. If one member suffers, all suffer together with it; if one member is honored, all rejoice together with it.

4 comments:

Ray's Cowboy said...

I fully agree with you we are all part of a specail world. God does have specail plans for all of us. I love this song. I remember watching and smiling, he states everything perfect for us.
Hope you have a wonderful sunny day today.
Ray

brotherdoc said...

Thank you thank you, this was the lectionary reading for the day and our pastor's sermon topic: God needs ALL of us, every part of the body is important even those that seem small and unimportant. What a great song to illustrate the meaning of the text.
Be the sunshine, here it's raining like crazy!

Russ Manley said...

Glad you liked, guys.

dave said...

We can't avoid accepting the one's we hate or who hate us either.

Related Posts with Thumbnails