C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Haiti versus Katrina

 Hundreds Of Thousands Still Displaced As Recovery Efforts Continue In Haiti

Downtown Port-au-Prince suffered some of the worst damage in the city during the January 12th earthquake in Haiti

Alex Eichler in the Atlantic pulls together the conflicting views of the disaster, and American response to it, and shows that it may be a false comparison.

Hundreds Of Thousands Still Displaced As Recovery Efforts Continue In Haiti

2 comments:

TomS said...

Russ,
So much good stuff here in the last few days....I always enjoy your views and resources.
Seems unproductive to compare Katrina with Haiti. Maybe best to learn as much as possible from every relief effort. Ultimately, the alleviation of human suffering needs compassion and effort, no matter where or why.

Russ Manley said...

Yes, we have to try, at least. That's our job, and our duty. Even though it can never be wholly successful everywhere and every time, as moral human beings we still have to do what we can.

Related Posts with Thumbnails