C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, January 25, 2010

Betty White Gets the Last Laugh


SAG AWARDS 2010 - PRESS ROOM. . . after Sandra Bullock said she found her "annoying" at the Screen Actors Guild awards, #4 in the list of clips here (not embeddable).

I too have always found her screen persona very annoying, and never paid much attention to her.  But watching this short clip, I was struck by how she reminded me of my mother, in her later years:  a subdued, slightly faded glamour - but still vivacious and feisty underneath, a quality of spirit that age could never erase.

Otherwise, they were nothing alike, in looks or personality, but it was a sweet moment of recollection for me.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails