C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, January 15, 2010

Dire Needs in Haiti

Lots of help on the way; but only one airport, one runway, and one road out.  Rachel provides a good overview of the current situation and the horror of it:



Meanwhile, Pat Robertson is sticking to his devil-worshipping story:



The inane remarks of the dithering Robertson need no further comment.  But your Head Trucker will supply here the words of the guy that Robertson claims so devoutly to follow, and you can make your own judgment:
There were present at that season some who told Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.  And Jesus answered and said to them, “Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things?  I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.  Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem?  I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.”  (Luke 13)

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.  Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'  Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'"  (Matthew 7)
See also Matthew 25: 31-46 if you want to know what "the will of my Father" is.

2 comments:

TomS said...

Good post Russ. I can't say any more about Robertson, only shake my head.
The Red Cross and Doctors Without Borders are worthy causes that could use a hand. I'm sure there are others that you and your readers will mention as well.
Thanks again for your great blog.
Tom

Russ Manley said...

Appreciate ya bud.

If anyone's interested, Episcopal Relief and Development - er-d.org - has been working in the country for years and already has trained disaster coordinators there. A highly rated outfit at charity navigator, as are many others now struggling to respond.

Related Posts with Thumbnails