C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sex and Starvation in South Carolina


A friend brought this Jon Stewart clip to my attention.  Priceless.  And so true.

You Yankee fellas think it's Alabama and Mississippi that are the center of racism, reactionary thinking, and fundamentalism.  Not so.  It's South Carolina, hands down.  There's a reason they were the first state to secede from the Union.  I know, I've lived there - very briefly, thank God.

2 comments:

JOHANNES said...

Awwwww,
I live in SC. In the Upstate area.
The state is diverse, sure enough. The Low Country and people like Andre (everyone says he is gay, so lets not knock him too much) are not the norm.

Sort of like the time I lived in; Handley just down the hill from Arlington, Texas. And then there is the huge difference between Dallas and Ft. Worth.

Anyway, you get my drift. I will soon be "formerly from SC" but I felt the need to be protective.

Russ Manley said...

Howdy Jon, appreciate you stopping by. But gay or not, *nobody* gets a pass from me for comparing poor kids to stray animals that need to be starved to death so they won't breed.

Bauer is the one who needs to be prevented from reproducing more arrogant aristocratic snobs like himself.

And yes, I knew some liberal people in SC and some gays; but I also encountered some hardcore antebellum attitudes that beat all I'd ever seen in other states. We have that too in small town TX but in SC it was like industrial strength. Sad. Scary.

Related Posts with Thumbnails