C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, January 23, 2010

Get Some Balls

Andrew Sullivan:
So we have a government fused with corporations, a legislature run by corporate lobbyists who have just been given a massive financial gift to control the process even more deeply; we have a theory of executive power advanced by one party that gives the president total extra-legal power over any human being he wants to call an "enemy combatant" and total prerogative in launching and waging wars (remember Cheney did not believe Bush needed any congressional support to invade Iraq); we have a Supreme Court that believes in extreme deference to presidential power; we have a Congress of total pussies on the left and maniacs on the right and little in the middle; we have a 24-hour propaganda channel, run by a multinational corporation and managed by a partisan Republican, demonizing the president for anything he does or does not do; we have the open embrace of torture as a routine aspect of US government; and we have one party urging an expansion of the war on Jihadism to encompass a full-scale war against Iran, an act that would embolden the Khamenei junta and ensure that a civilizational war between the nuttiest Christianists in America and the vilest Islamists metastasizes to Def Con 3.
The answer?  The Dems need to get some of this (and soon):


2 comments:

brotherdoc said...

I can't believe this YouTube segment has not gone viral, it's great. Demos with cojones is almost an oxymoron in Washington, that's our problem.

Russ Manley said...

And it's a big problem. Didn't used to be - think of Truman and LBJ. But they are letting the Repubs walk all over them and piss on everything they please. I don't understand it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails