C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, January 19, 2009

Two Planes

Or two plane crashes, I should say to be more exact. A very good contrast was made on one of my Truckbuddies' blogs the other day, which I can't re-find now (you know who you are, holler at me), but it made the point about the 9/11 disaster near the start of Bush's presidency, with all the death and destruction; and then as Bush was getting ready for his farewell speech at the end of his presidency, the miraculous, non-disaster, everybody-saved crash last week on the Hudson River. Pure coincidence, of course; but what a metaphor to contemplate.

Check out this video of the crash and rescue on David Mixner's site, and notice how very, very quickly the rescue boats got there. Disaster averted, rejoicing not mourning; please God let this be a symbol of the next 8 years for America.

1 comment:

Ultra Dave said...

I does seem very telling. After Bush, nothing seems surprising.

Related Posts with Thumbnails