C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Today's Quote: Maya Angelou


I believe in the heart of every American there's the desire to belong to a great country. Look at our souls, look at our hearts. We have elected a black man to talk for us, to speak for us. We, blacks, whites, Asians, Spanish-speaking, Native Americans, we have done it. Fat, thin, pretty, plain, gay, straight. We have done it! My Lord - I am an American, baby!

--Maya Angelou


The Times of London has more quotes from Jay Z, Will Smith, Bill Cosby, Jamie Foxx, Alice Walker, P. Diddy, Oprah, Beyonce, and Spike Lee at the bottom of the page here, following a fascinating interview with the Queen of Soul.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails