C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, January 31, 2009

Night Time Is the Right Time

As a follow-up to my review of Ray earlier this week, have to share with my Truckbuddies this clip from the Cosby Show, with the whole Huxtable family getting down on the Ray Charles classic. The littlest girl - what was her name? - singing the backup vocal part is just priceless.

It won't embed, but click on this link and watch it for a great start to your weekend, guys.

Is it just me or does anyone else see the Obamas as a kind of real-life fulfillment of what the Huxtables were meant to portray? Minus the silliness and playing for laughs, of course.

3 comments:

Ultra Dave said...

Ah, the good ole days! Where they really this much fun then?

the cajun said...

something hiccupped

I think the little one's name is Raven - something or other.
I've only seen this once before and it looks better now than back then.
I hope Obama's Presidency eradicates the idea in the minds of black kids that to be smart equates acting white.
The poor guy has so much on his plate, but I hope kids take advantage of this opportunity to learn as much as they can.

Thanks for posting this.

Russ Manley said...

Yeah Cajun I hope so too. You just reminded me of something I read the other day, see my new post on the Obama Effect.

Related Posts with Thumbnails