C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaugural Parade Album 5




Well somehow in the uploading to blogger, these last sets got out of order, but I'm too tired now to try to fix it. Guess it don't matter too much anyway. The first two up there are actually the last two. I had another really great shot, the last one, of them walking up the steps to the door of the White House, hand in hand, but fumblefingers here accidently deleted it, damn.

The parade had already started by 2:45 my time, and the announcer declared it officially ended at 5:57, at which point the Obamas promptly turned and headed for the house. They dutifully stood there the whole three hours and smiled/saluted/danced/waved to every contingent, long after all the other VIP's had snuck out to go change into evening gowns and tuxes. I'm sure the Obamas must have been dead tired by then, but they've got all those inaugural balls to go to tonight as well. God bless 'em.

It was a grand parade and a grand day. And I am so very glad I am here to see it. One of my favorite moments: when the Obamas first entered the reviewing stand, as Michelle paused to hug a friend, she could be clearly heard saying "We're here, we're home!"

WELCOME HOME.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails