C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Give That Boy a Medal

Click here to see this issue of DNA online, the Australian gay mag.

Matthew Mitcham, 20-year-old openly gay Olympian who amazed the world by snagging a gold medal in the 10-meter dive last summer in Beijing, has been awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia back home in his native land. He sure makes Down Under look good, don't you think?

Below is a picture of Matthew with his partner, Lachlan Fletcher - which to my mind is an even better picture than the one above. Openly gay, openly in love: looks like Change has come to Australia too.


(Honk to Tres Fab Sweetie!)

2 comments:

Ultra Dave said...

25 years ago when I was about that age, you would have never seen or heard much about gay couples. Some changes are worth the wait!

Russ Manley said...

Yeah, it's a great change, really amazing for us who remember how things used to be, huh Dave. Even when once in a very, very great while there was a gay character in a movie, they always died before the end of the picture. Message = there is no happy ending for queers, even the "nice" ones.

Definitely a great change nowadays.

Related Posts with Thumbnails