C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday Drive: A Knock at Midnight


As we prepare to celebrate Martin Luther King's birthday on Monday, and the inauguration of our first black President on Tuesday, it seems more than fitting to reflect upon the long, long journey our African-American brothers and sisters have trod down through the centuries of American history, and the power of the faith that sustained them through the long, dark night of racial prejudice, discrimination, hatred, and violence.

If "gay is the new black," as the fashionable phrase now is, what is it that sustains us in our hearts and souls? What are we really all about? Just a good time? Or something more?

Listen to this sermon excerpt before you answer.

1 comment:

Ray's Cowboy said...

As I have said I pray that their will be guideness, strenth and wisdom. I do hope America can become the great nation she has been.
Ray

Related Posts with Thumbnails