C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, January 29, 2009

Today in the White House

It seems CHANGE is coming along smoothly, and I'm proud of the new President and First Lady.

Unlike the Howie Long jackass bullies of this world - and there have been some even in the White House as recently as last week - who throw their weight around, hurt and humiliate people just because they can, a real man protects, helps, rewards, and encourages the people around him. And saves the shame and blame for the bad guys who deserve it.

Now fellas, in case you aren't quite sure what I'm talking about, this is what a real man looks like in action:

Meanwhile, the First Lady did her part to reward and encourage good people by hosting a reception for Lily Ledbetter, whose name is attached to a new equal pay act, the first bill the President has signed into law:

Together, the Obamas are setting a refreshing new tone on Pennyslvania Avenue. As the Associated Press reports,

The new president, a man who says he never sweats, has seemed uncowed by his new job and the majestic trappings of his new workplace.

When the White House released its first picture of the president at work in the Oval Office, there he was in his shirt sleeves.

Bush, by contrast, made it a point to be in coat-and-tie whenever he entered the Oval Office.

Obama opened a bill-signing ceremony in the East Room on Thursday with the White House equivalent of a "wassup," casually calling out, "What's going on?"

The night before, trying to build support for his economic stimulus package, Obama invited House and Senate leaders over to the White House for cocktails.

Cocktails? The previous president was a teetotaler.
I'll drink to that, and make mine a screwdriver please.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails