C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Big Toys, Little Boys

My part of Texas is iced over today, so happily I got to stay home from work, with nothing better to do than munch on doughnuts and coffee all day, while browsing through silly stuff online. Like the following analysis of the cock-twisting, vaguely homophobic truck ads the Big Three have been running during the NFL playoffs.

Oh yeah, like you ain't a real man if your truck ain't as butch as mine. Yeah, right. As if I give a flip.

Although now that I've seen the ads, if I ever found Howie Long's truck next to mine in the parking lot at wally world, I just might have a Towanda! moment . . . .

Because it's asshole jocks like that who grow up to be the Cheneys and Rumsfelds of this world.

(Honk to Fire That Agency)

2 comments:

Doorman-Priest said...

When I was browsing your blogroll, I came across one - can't remember the name, where pictures of young men were interspersed with pictures of SUVs.

I thought that was a wonderful premise. "We're real men too and don't you forget it!"

Not a soft furnishing in sight.

Russ Manley said...

Mmm, maybe The Truck Man blog?

Yeah we're not all nelly queens like you see on TV, some of us are more into beer, cowboy boots, and pickup trucks than gilded antiques . . . . well okay maybe we have just one or two little antiques tucked in the corner somewhere. But why can't real men enjoy it all, is what I say.

Related Posts with Thumbnails