C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, January 23, 2009

Afternoon Drive: A Bright, Sunshiny Day

I think I can make it now, the pain is gone,

All of the bad feelings have disappeared,

Here is that rainbow I've been praying for,

It's gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day.


The roommate and I were discussing last night - how suddenly good it feels now to be alive and living in America. It's the same earth and sky when I look out my window; but there really is a new vibration in the air, a subtle thing that tickles the back of your neck, something thrilling and joyous and free. Something that makes you want to run outside, throw your hat up in the air, and shout whoopee!

A feeling we haven't felt for a long, long time. But now a new day is here, a change has come, and it's great to be an American once more. Thanks be to God.

So it's no surprise that Johnny Nash's big hit has been playing in the back of my mind all week long. Think you'll like it too. What a week it's been, have a great weekend, y'all.


4 comments:

Ultra Dave said...

Thanks Russ! I needed that. You are correct, there is a different vibe in the air!

FYI: The first vid is no longer available.

Russ Manley said...

Yeah, you feel it too, Dave?

Thanks for the tip about the first vid. Damn. That's happened with several youtube vids lately, I'll see what I can do to replace that one. It was really so cool that it was filmed in D.C., began and ended with a shot of the White House.

Joey said...

I'm more or less happy with Obama, but.....come down to earth dude! A change of President really doesn't change your life directly from day to day. In fact, if somehow the info. on who won the election were kept from us for the next few years, we'd never even know who the President was if all we could guage it on was our day-to-day life.

Russ Manley said...

Joey, you just don't get it, do you son? Pity. Well, keep reading this blog, maybe you will, in time . . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails