C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, January 16, 2009

Afternoon Drive: The End of Bush

A few years back, I heard an acquaintance of mine, an old cowboy and a lifelong Democrat, say about Bush: "Hell, he's not a Texan, he's just from Texas."

Just thought I'd let you boys know that not everyone in the Lone Star State has been making that mistake all these years. Some of us do know the difference between the front end of a horse and the other end.


In tribute to the eminent departure of the 43rd President from the national scene, thought I'd play you one of my all-time favorites: "Baby, Things Change" by Dwight Yoakam. Seems real fitting, don't it.

Myself, I can't wait for Tuesday - and CHANGE - to get here. I 'spect you feel the same way. Y'all have a good one now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails