C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Get to Know Us First


A great new collection of Public Service Announcements, featuring gay and lesbian families, ran in California before, during, and after the Inauguration yesterday, created by gettoknowusfirst.org. Now this is what we should have been running last year, folks, instead of those mealy-mouthed, invisible-gay ads that Equality California had going.

However, Joe.My.God. reports that the Los Angeles ABC station, KABC-TV, refused to air the ads, claiming they were "too controversial to air during the Inauguration, since 'many families will be watching.'"

Right. And what about our families, huh? Better wake up and smell the coffee, KABC: change has come to America. Like the Man said, "all are equal."

BTW: Joe also has a link today to a very cool site with many images of headlines around the world about Obama's inauguration, check it out.

Update: The Advocate reports that KABC's general manager, after meeting with reps from GetToKnowUsFirst and GLAAD, has apologized and said he will be glad to run the spots.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails