C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, December 21, 2009

The Unique-ierest Species

Men and monkeys, science and faith:  World-renowned neurobiologist Robert Sapolsky gives the commencement address at Stanford University.  This guy is the professor you wish you had for Biology 101:   sharp, witty, down to earth, and speaking plain English.

(I also totally love the beard, woof.  I just might get mine out that long one of these days.  The hair is groovy too, but I sure don't want to have to wash and dry it every day:  been there, done that.)

Skip the intro remarks, the speech starts at exactly the 5:00 mark.  Listen to the first minute, and you'll be hooked till the end.  Closing concept, paraphrased by your Head Trucker:
The more you realize it's impossible for one person to make a difference, to make the world better - the more you realize that you must try to do just that.



(Honk to Andrew Sullivan)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails