C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, December 11, 2009

Queering the Last Frontier

From Bent Alaska:

Levi, honey, we love the photos and interviews, but what's all this talk of never seeing any gays in Wasilla? We're here, we're queer, and we live on the Last Frontier, even in Wasilla.

Perhaps you don't think you've seen us because you don't know what we look like: We look like Alaskans. Really.

Did you expect us to shop at the Wasilla Fred Meyer looking like Adam Lambert at the AMA's? Did you expect us to kiss in line at Home Depot? We have strong survival instincts and know better than to look, act, or talk queeny in a town like this. You might not know we're gay, but I'm sure you've seen us.
I can relate.  We gay Texans have strong survival instincts, too.  We look like Texans.  Really.

And hell, I hardly ever kiss anybody at Home Depot.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails