C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, December 10, 2009

Bad News, Good News


Guess my Truckbuddies know without my saying so, it's been a little bit lonesome around here since the roommate moved out.  Nothing I can't handle, but you know how you kinda get used to a certain routine when somebody else is living with you, and then one day it all stops.

Plus the fact that he - like all the roommates and lovers and husbands I've had - was a great cook.  (Funny how it works out that way.)  The kind who plots and schemes all day at work about what he's going to fix for supper that night, and it was usually just pretty damn scrumptious, let me tell you.  That I do miss.

Well, but no cloud without its silver lining, ain't that right boys?  I just weighed myself on the bathroom scales.  In the two months since he's been gone, I've lost 12 pounds.  Without trying.  And these days I'm having to pull my belt in another notch, too.

So you see, there's a bright side to most everything if you look for it.  Grin.

4 comments:

David said...

Careful Russ, a slim cowboy waist often attracts new cowboys =)

Russ Manley said...

Yeehaw!

Stan said...

Russ you may have lost that 12 pounds but I found it! LOL!

Russ Manley said...

ROFL Stan . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails