C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, December 30, 2009

¡Maravilloso!


The first same-sex marriage in Latin America took place yesterday way down in Tierra del Fuego province, Argentina: the happy couple, Alex Freyre and Jose di Bello, were blocked from marrying in Buenos Aires but were allowed to marry by decree of the governor of the TdeF province. Activists hope that Argentina's legislature will pass a nationwide equal marriage bill in the new year. Rex Wockner has more on the story, and more pictures at his blog.

2 comments:

Ultra Dave said...

Good news! Cute couple too!

Russ Manley said...

Yup they sure are. But I'd like to go south of the border with the woofy bearded guy seated on the left . . . just as part of my Good Neighbor policy you know.

Grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails