C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sunday Drive: O Come, O Come Emmanuel



Advent II

The voice of one crying out in the wilderness: "Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.  Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be made low, and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways made smooth; and all flesh shall see the salvation of God."

Those who sowed with tears will reap with songs of joy. Those who go out weeping, carrying the seed, will come again with joy, shouldering their sheaves.

4 comments:

Doorman-Priest said...

I've got a sermon up which would go well with this.

Ray's Cowboy said...

Have to say I love it. Thanks for sharing with us today.
Ray

Gary said...

Nice post, Russ!
I love Enya and have several of her CD's. Haven't heard this one before. It's beautiful. Also I liked your accompanying text. Reminded me of some of the words in Handel's "Messiah."
Thanks!
Gary

Russ Manley said...

DP - it's a fine sermon, very much to the point of this penitential season, and I left a comment over there.

Ray, Gary - glad you liked. I'm not too familiar with Enya but happened to run across this and thought her sound was striking.

The words are from the Episcopal lectionary for today: http://www.io.com/~kellywp/index.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails