C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, December 4, 2009

Today's Quote

Two good ones in the NYT, the first from Maureen Dowd about the party-crashers at the White House:
We live in an age obsessed with “reality” and overrun by fakers. The mock has run amok.

This decade will be remembered for the collapse of the Twin Towers, the economy and any standard of accomplishment for societal prestige. TV and the Internet wallow in the lowest common denominator.

Warhol looks like Whistler.

But if Congress investigates social climbing and party crashing in Washington, it won’t have time for anything else.
And the other from Roger Cohen about the fading of anti-Semitic attitudes in Britain:
I still believe the greatest strength of America, its core advantage over the old world, is its lack of interest in where you’re from and consuming interest in what you can do.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails