C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, November 20, 2009

Today's Quote: Not in My Throat

Sullivan and others have posted this around the blogosphere already, but it's worth reposting here:
"I meet with the gays here and there. They were in my house two weeks ago. I don’t mind gays. But I don’t want ‘em stuffing it down my throat all the time," - Utah Senator Chris Buttars, explaining his opposition to allowing same-sex couples to adopt children.
Have you noticed how very often this "stuff-down-my-throat" metaphor is used by straight guys when they are ranting against the gays?

Are they all really so clueless not see what this metaphor reveals about their deepest fears - or fantasies?  Hello?

Hilarious, if you ask me.

BTW, the patronizing remark about "they were in my house" reminds me very strongly of the Louisiana judge a few weeks ago who refused to marry an interracial couple - "but I have nothing against black people, I let them use my toilet."

That plantation mentality is like, so last century, ya know?  Whether about the blacks or about the gays.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails