C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, November 19, 2009

At Least Dolly Loves Us

Dolly Parton Live in London promotion

The Advocate reports on Dolly's chat with Joy Behar last week:

“Would you say that you are pro–gay marriage?” asked Behar, noting that Parton’s background might suggest otherwise.

“I know that’s true,” acknowledged Parton. “I always say, ‘Sure, why can’t they get married? They should suffer like the rest of us do.’”

Dolly also didn't think much of Houston megachurch pastor Joel Osteen's recent remark that gays are "not God's best work."

On why so many gays are fans of hers:  "I think they know I'm different too, and it took me a long time to be accepted also."

Video clip of Joy and Dolly here.

6 comments:

Ray's Cowboy said...

You know it take allaot of money to look that trashy as well. LOL. I love Dolly and have allot of respcet for her. She has always supported the gay. But you know what. Gay maony is as good as straight money.
Ray

David said...

Churches would do better to teach less from the book of Romans and more from the book of Dolly.

Stan said...

I've always like Dolly too. She always seems real and honest. Ray has a good point though too. Our money is a green as theirs.

Russ Manley said...

The book of Dolly.... love it.

Alex said...

You gotta love Dolly!!! I seriously laughed out loud when I read ‘Sure, why can’t they get married? They should suffer like the rest of us do.’”

Classic!

Russ Manley said...

yup LOL here too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails