C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, November 8, 2009

National Beard Month



David Traver of Anchorage, Alaska, won the World Beard and Moustache Championship for Team USA last May.  Very cool braids - imagine how long that took - but I prefer the natural look, myself.

I'm a week late posting this, but a reader tells me it's National Beard Month, so I reckon that's cause enough for celebration.  He doesn't sign his name, but he has a Facebook page where you can learn more about it.  I don't belong to that and can't get in over there, so I can't say anymore about it.  But I think it's a fine idea.

Actually for your Head Trucker, every month has been beard month since I was 21 years old.  Why grown men want to follow an indisputably unnatural practice and scrape their faces smooth like a girl's has always been more than I can understand.  Seems pretty damn queer to me.  Animals don't scrape off their natural coverings unless they are diseased or deranged, ya know?  And somewhere in Leviticus, the Bible says not to cut your beard off . . . you follow me, bud?

And if I ran the world . . . . oh well let's just say Gillette would be out of business in a hurry.

Does anyone second the motion?

4 comments:

David said...

I've always liked beards on other men, less on me as mine comes in red, but who knows. I never thought I'd shave my head either and I love it.

Russ Manley said...

mmm, sounds hot to me. give it a try, think you'd look great with a hairy face bud.

Doorman-Priest said...

He comes from Alaska? No shit Sherlock!

Russ Manley said...

LOL DP

It does look kinda like a snowshoe hanging off his chin, don't it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails