C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Picture Contest: Thirty Years Ago - and then some

Finally my new printer/scanner is hooked up and working.  Now I can do business.  Examine the pictures below carefully, then answer the contest questions correctly to win a prize from my toolbox, personalized with your name on it.


 The 24-year-old virgin.  Well . . . sort of.  But not for much longer.  This is the look I was going for (and - shhh! - had a major crush on): the studly Lindsey Buckingham.
 


Shorts were, well, short; you'd have been laughed to scorn if your shorts came down to your knees like Grandpa's.


My senior class photo from college.  I paid $15 a month on layaway forever, it seemed, to buy this gorgeous sportcoat, much bluer than it looks here, shot with random threads in all colors.  Still have it somewhere, can't get into it, though.


By 1994, I'd finally figured out by trial and error what hair/beard length looked best on me, and about damn time, too.

Contest Questions

Pic #1 - your Head Trucker on his birthday in 1979.  Would you believe this still-closeted guy thought he was too ugly to get a date?

Pic #2 - who's got better legs, me or Brad Pitt?

Pic #3 - my senior class photo from college.  Did you laugh?  Tell the truth.

Pic #4 - this picture was taken at Lover's Leap, Rock City, Tenn., only 15 years ago - which way would you have jumped?

Essay question for bonus points:  So what did you look like back then, and why did you ever change?  Picture, please:  I showed you mine, now show me yours.


As usual, you must be an adult to play.  Prize must be received in person, no delivery to PO boxes or street addresses.  For entertainment purposes only - I'll say.

6 comments:

Stan said...

I would love to play along Russ but all the old photo's of me back then were only in print mode lost in time somewhere in all my many moves over the years. I had some beauties of my hair as long as yours back then continuing on to the disco era circa Studio 54. But like I said I wish I still had them around they were a real hoot.

Russ Manley said...

Too bad you don't have them still, Stan, that would be fun to compare hair. I've got a lot of family snapshots I need to scan and save on disc. A great thing about the technology now; I need to stop procrastinating on that. . . .

David said...

It's like you tapped right into my brain to discover what era I find sexiest. My answers:

1. You may have thought it, but you weren't.

2. Better question, who's legs would be more appreciative of me being between them?

3. I did not.

4. Right at ya.

Essay: I looked much the same as I do today, only less wrinkled and with a head of huge frizzy curly hair. I changed at first in an effort to remain current, then because so much of my damn hair fell out. I believe I've destroyed most evidence of my life before 30, but I'll dig around.

Russ Manley said...

LOL The judging committee thanks you for your entry, David. Winners to be announced at week's end.

(Psst - confidentially, you're leading the pack so far)

Ray's Cowboy said...

WOOF. Russ you are HOT in all of these pictures. love the logs, you win hands down. WOuld have love to meet you back then and play with you, and I am still willing to meet you and play.
Sorry I do not have a scanner, but will try my best to get some pictures to show.
Ray

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with Ray!!! You really look hot in those pics!!! (esp. the top and the bottom one!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails