C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, January 19, 2009

Two Trains

Andrew Sullivan makes a brilliant metaphor, thinking of Obama's inaugural express and Robert Kennedy's funeral train, which rolled down the same track forty years ago:
For me it feels as if history is undoing itself, as if some great, dark wound has somehow returned to be healed, before it is too late.
Also, a link to a brief but poignant audio-visual recollection by Robert Fusco, the NYT photographer on Kennedy's train; well worth watching and listening to.

For the younger folks among us: Bobby Kennedy had something of the same charisma that Obama has; he also symbolized the hope of millions for change. He was tragically murdered five months before the presidential election, however - just two months after the assassination of Dr. King.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails