C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, January 20, 2009

OBAMANATION!

The 21st century began today.

And America was reborn.

Thanks be to God.











Aretha sang at Martin Luther King's funeral;

and today at President Obama's inauguration.

What a journey for her, and for America.

My country, 'tis of thee,
Sweet land of liberty,
Of thee I sing;
Land where my fathers died,
Land of the pilgrims' pride,
From every mountainside
Let freedom ring!

Our father's God to Thee,
Author of liberty,
To Thee we sing.
Long may our land be bright,
With freedom's holy light,
Protect us by Thy might,
Let freedom ring!

2 comments:

Doorman-Priest said...

It was fabulous from start to finish. My younger daughter (15) noted that this would be one of those "where were you?" moments of history.

Russ Manley said...

Yes, it's a day of great joy and relief here, and the brilliant Texas sunshine outside seems a harbinger of a bright future to come. I'm glad you could watch the proceedings there in England, and surely people are rejoicing with us all over the world at this great moment. Please pray for Sen. Kennedy; I hope he will be all right.

Related Posts with Thumbnails