C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaugural Parade Album 4: LGBA Band



I missed a number of contingents while I was saving screen shots in another window on my computer; and then CNN sometimes played a commerical, so after a long while I was afraid I had missed the LGBA Band, which I posted about last week here.

But no - finally here they came, loud and proud! Playing a fine rendition of Sousa's Washington Post march, I think. Marching along there in the middle of the parade, passing in front of the new President, holding their heads high like any other Americans on this joyous day. As if they had a right to be there.

And they do. Oh man, what a sight. What a day.

PS - Guys, can't some of you fashionable types get together and help our band folks out with a little styling update? Those gray windbreakers look nice and warm, and I'm sure they were glad of that on this chilly day. But they hardly look as fabulous as they should, do you think? Let's work on that for the next inauguration.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails