C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, January 24, 2009

Prayers for Bobby


The Advocate calls this a must-see movie; it airs tonight on the Lifetime channel, with encores on Sunday and Tuesday nights. Sigourney Weaver stars in this film of a true story about a young gay man driven to suicide by his mother's unrelenting religious attitude; but after the shock of her son's death opened her eyes, she became an advocate for acceptance of gay kids.

4 comments:

larry said...

i'm taping this tonight!! looks good!!!

Ray's Cowboy said...

I have it already in my cable box to record.
Thank you for the reminder.
Ray

Russ Manley said...

No problem, wish I could see it but no cable here. I'll catch it when it comes out on Netflix. You guys enjoy, let me know how you like it.

Anonymous said...

The beginning of the movie is a story line that we are VERY familiar with. But after Bobby's death, Weaver does a great job with her fervor and emotion. I have to admit tears were rolling from the time of her speech to the City Council until the end of the movie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails