C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaugural Parade Album 3



I was snapping screen shots pretty fast, but I still didn't capture every single contingent in the parade. Still I hope these convey some of the variety, color, and motion: every kind of motion, from military units marching in strict cadence to black college bands jazz-dancing down the street, riders on horseback, on firetrucks and pickup trucks and tractors, people riding in floats, cheerleaders and majorettes swaying, swinging, leaping, twirling their bodies, their flags, and their batons.

All part of the glorious, infinitely varied, never-ending motion of America. A rhythm for every step, a drummer for every beat. Take your pick. Move the way you feel.

Dance to the rhythm of your dream.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails