C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Why Marriage Matters

Ron and Tom's story:



Edie and Thea's story:



Kelly and Dennis's story:




And though I can't find the video that used to be available on this, read Sam and Earl's story - a sort of real-life Brokeback Mountain, which ended with Sam losing the Oklahoma ranch they built together as well as being sued by the greedy relatives for 23 years' back rent for the years he spent living there with Earl.


And don't think all these things can't happen to you.

It did to me.

2 comments:

Craig said...

Tragic stories which deserve to be given a wider audience as you are doing. They are doing the right thing by challenging these laws in court. But what a trauma they are having to go through. I have a feeling that DOMA might be coming to an end so lets hope for better days ahead.

Russ Manley said...

DOMA probably will end during Obama's presidency. But then we still have 30+ states to contend with. You know, they still denied blacks the right to vote down here in the South for a *hundred years* after the 14th amendment was passed.

I fully believe it will take another twenty years - at least - for marriage equality to be nationwide. Though I hope events prove me wrong, of course.

But I don't really expect to see it here in TX in my lifetime.

Related Posts with Thumbnails