C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, July 11, 2011

A Soldier's Legacy



Right now, what this community needs are heteros to show up on their behalf and say "Look, these are my people you're trying to discriminate against. You can keep your religion in your church, you can keep your ideologies in your home, but when it comes to the civil arena, when it comes to civil constructs, their citizenship is every bit as valid as yours or mine."

--Jeff Wilfahrt, father of the late Corporal Andrew Wilfahrt,
a gay soldier in the U. S. Army.

Read the Stars and Stripes article here:

"Soldier Leaves Legacy Much Larger than "He Was Gay"


Honk to Wounded Bird



Related:  Gay officer, companion look forward to repeal of "don't ask"

2 comments:

Craig said...

Wow... I was very moved. Thanks for posting this. A son to be proud of but boy, what a set of parents to be proud of too.

Russ Manley said...

Yes, I found it very moving too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails