C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, November 13, 2008

WTF: Gay is the new Invisible?

Your Head Trucker thinks it's worth noting for the historical record that last night, all during the time of the New York City protest march, 15,000 strong, and afterwards until my bedtime - a click on the main Google News page showed not a single story referencing the NYC march and protest at the Mormon Temple there.

Furthermore, typing in keywords like "Prop 8 protest New York" and such pulled up a whole page of news items relating to the recent California marches, but only two - from Newsday and Gay Socialites - mentioning the New York City event.

Even today, an hour or two ago, I found nothing whatever on Google News' main page about last night's event; and going to both the CBS News website and the CNN website, found nothing but one video referencing it by name, no video, in the lead, then quickly shifting to another California protest about the El Coyote restaurant.

What gives here? Of course the gay blogs are all full of pictures and commentary, but no major news organization has any online coverage of last night's historic protest in the middle of Manhattan??

Something's very, very wrong with this picture. Ominously so.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails