C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, November 17, 2008

Day Without a Gay: December 10


The grassroots organizers who led the Join the Impact protests to great success now have another fabulous idea: Day Without a Gay, December 10th.

Which also happens to be International Human Rights Day. Pretty cool, huh?

Gay people and our allies are compassionate, sensitive, caring, mobilized, and programmed for success. A day without gays would be tragic because it would be a day without love.

On December 10, 2008 the gay community will take a historic stance against hatred by donating love to a variety of different causes.

On December 10, you are encouraged not to call in sick to work. You are encouraged to call in "gay"--and donate your time to service!
Can't "call in gay" to work because you, like your Head Trucker, live in one of the 30 states where gays can legally be fired just for being gay? No problem: they've thought up four other ways you can participate in spreading the message and the love.

Not gay? That's cool, you can still participate. We don't mind a bit.

So mark your calendars, guys and gals, and plan now to do your bit for equality. This is so great; instead of bitching, screaming and rowdyism, we can show the world that we gay folk are all about peace, love, and human rights.

Yes. We. Can.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails