C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Vive la France


The word from Paris is that Junior Human Rights Minister Rama Yade--how do you say hottie in French?--has announced that France will submit a proposal to the United Nations General Assembly in December, calling for the decriminalization of homosexuality worldwide.
You go, girl. As the picture shows, France is taking a very admirable, very wide stance on queer affairs in the world. Garçon, bring us another big baguette and a bottle of that lovely French bubbly!
Btw, in case you didn't know this, fellas--your queerness can get you a nice long term in the slammer in 90 countries around the world right now. And the death penalty in six.
Something to think about at the next Pride parade. And on election day.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails