C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, September 24, 2008

How McCain spells desperation

"It's the longest Hail Mary pass in the history of either football or Marys."

So spoke queer and highly astute Rep. Barney Frank today (D-Mass.) regarding McCain's dramatic announcement that he is "setting politics aside" and suspending his campaign, to return to Washington and deal with the economic meltdown. A transparent political ploy by a desperate 72-year-old who sees the abyss of electoral defeat looming straight ahead.

Great quip, Barney. That'll be quoted for years and years.

But don't relax yet, kids. If the sudden economic crisis is a good enough reason to suspend the presidential campaign . . . gee, what would it take to justify suspending the election itself?

Russ predicts: some other new, stunning, overwhelming, pee-in-your-pants-scary crisis to transpire between now and Nov. 4th. Remember, you heard it here first.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails