C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday Drive: Belief-O-Matic

It's always interesting to take the 20-question Belief-O-Matic quiz. Some of the questions really stretch your understanding of just what it is you do believe or how strongly you believe it. Try it out, just for a grin; it's hardly foolproof, but it is thought-provoking.

I just took the quiz again this morning; even though I'm sure I don't always give precisely the same answers, depending on my mood and how much morning coffee I've had, I always seem to get the same top three results:

1. Reform Judaism (100%)
2. Liberal Quakers (90%)
3. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (87%)

No connection in my family or my history with the first two; I'm sort of a lapsed Episcopalian, so number 3 fits. "On sabbatical" is more accurate than lapsed at the moment, perhaps. The Episcopal Church in this part of Texas is very anti-gay, so that's turned me off churchgoing big time in recent years. And frankly, I'm not sure anymore how necessary any organized religion is in my life.

But it's okay. God knows where I live. We talk all the time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love it!!! ". . . God knows where I live. We talk all the time."

Related Posts with Thumbnails