C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, September 5, 2008

The Democratic Convention in Three Minutes

Link to Time magazine video: http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1485842900/bctid1760455467

There is no political party that has a monopoly on truth and goodness; no human being who can single-handedly right all the wrongs of the world. But omg, when I look at this capsule summary of the Dems' convention, it sure feels like home to me. Cool water in a parched, arid land. A big, loud, proud family all together at the table . . . where everybody has a place. Where everybody belongs.

Unlike that other convention, so notable for an unbroken sea of straight, white, tight faces.

And even though this show, like all shows, has an admixture of conscious theatricality . . . omg, how can anyone who truly believes in "liberty and justice for all" not feel the fresh breeze of dawn blowing across his face? A quickening of the pulse, a catch in the throat . . . an inspiration.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails