C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Your hair will catch on fire . . .



. . . when you hear the official U. S. Government translation of the Iraqi president's explanation of his negotiations with the Bush Administration for a withdrawal date: not until 2011 "for domestic political considerations" in the United States, is what he was told. When questioned, the White House blathered on about long-term goals, peace and stability, yada yada yada; but they do not deny the accuracy of the Iraqi remarks.

Jeezus. Keeping the war going to benefit the Republican party here at home; it doesn't get any plainer than this, folks.

Please--send this to the people you love who think the war in Iraq is all about "protecting our freedoms," as I have heard endlessly repeated here in small-town Texas. If this doesn't wake them up, nothing at all will.

Kudos to acclaimed queer journalist Rachel Maddow for this trenchant piece of reporting.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails