C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Cowtown Clash over LGBT Rights


Christianists got in teh gays' faces during protests yesterday at the Fort Worth City Hall.  Mike Lee reports in the Star-Telegram:
The City Council voted 6-3 late Tuesday to expand its anti-discrimination ordinance to include transgender people, capping a marathon debate over a series of gay-rights proposals that were forwarded after a controversial inspection of a gay bar.

A majority of council members spoke in favor of the proposal when it was introduced last week.  The inspection at the Rainbow Lounge in June left a man injured and sparked protests in the city.  Fort Worth officials appointed a task force to recommend ways to mend fences with the gay community shortly afterward.  The vote dealt only with one facet of the proposals: expanding the city’s anti-discrimination ordinance to include transgender people. The ordinance already prevented discrimination based on race, sex, religion or sexual orientation.

A lot of the debate, though, centered on broader proposals, some of which the council has already tacitly approved. City staffers will be trained on dealing with the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community, and the Police Department has appointed a liaison to the community. Other recommendations will require further study, including offering domestic-partner benefits and expanding the city health insurance plan to cover gender reassignment procedures, including sex changes.
Very amusing video report here for all you big confused, effeminate, hellbound sissy sodomites:

2 comments:

Stan said...

What gets my goat is how are we hurting these people who are so dead set against us? I don't understand how they have absolutely nothing else better to do then to spread their hate. Very Christian like indeed! Thanks for the video Russ. The struggle continues but I don't see how anyone will ever be able to change these peoples minds.

Russ Manley said...

they won't, and that's just the point. I know my grandparents and their generation here lived through the civil rights era.....but none of that ever changed their thinking about black people, not one little bit.

my parents and their generation, their thinking was modified some...but not entirely.

it's exactly the same way with the gays.....you just arent going to change a lot of people's minds. What we can do is change the laws and hope for better minds in generations to come....again, just as with blacks and women, etc.

Related Posts with Thumbnails