C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday Drive: Farther Along

An old favorite in these parts.  Memories of sitting in a wooden pew, everybody in their go-to-meeting clothes, a comforting arm wrapped around a sleepy little boy, paper fans waving all around imprinted with pictures of Gethsemane, the sweet, faint scent of lavender sachet and waxed wood, the reverent silence of a summer Sunday morning, and the prospect of fried chicken and dinner on the ground . . . . memories from the dawn of a little boy's life, when God was in His heaven, and all was well with the world.

2 comments:

Stan said...

Thanks for this great song. I've only recently begun to appreciate country music and I'm always searching trying to find artists like this. I've heard of Brad Paisley but never really heard him before. He sure is goodlooking!

My memories of church on Sunday are quite different from yours having been raised catholic in the Northeast. I never understood what was going on so I just escaped into my own world daydreaming during the whole damn mass.

Russ Manley said...

hey Stan, glad I introduced you to Brad....he's a woofer for sure, but also a great musician, I posted his latest "Welcome to Future" recently, check it out on youtube....very cool song.

I didn't understand all that happened in church when I was little either....but I liked going. There was always a sense of peace and goodness...and an inner light that felt like God.

Related Posts with Thumbnails