C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, November 6, 2009

Shootings in Orlando

One dead, six wounded. By a guy who was fired two years ago from an engineering company, where he returned today with a gun.

Jeezus. How do you keep guns out of the hands of crazy people? Here, Ft. Hood, Virginia Tech, and all the other incidents.  And even if they are perfectly sane when they buy a gun, how do you know they won't go postal one day far down the road?

I've never had very strong feelings about gun control one way or the other, but I'm starting to question that. Maybe it's the part of the country I grew up in. If you live way out in the woods you're a fool if you don't have some kind of firearm on the property, for several reasons.

And I've known little old ladies who lived in town who slept much better at night, living alone, because they kept a pistol on the night stand by their bed.

But from Columbine to now - this is ridiculous. I don't know what the answer is exactly, but we just can't go on this way.

1 comment:

larry said...

i don't know what to do. but too many sickos have weapons!and they want to take everyone down with them!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails