C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, May 31, 2009

Frat Boys Gone Wild

Speaking of testosterone overload, what fine gradation of difference is there between all that butched-up megalomania in the desert (see next post) and these Deke-ettes at Yale, captured by Richard Mosse in 2007?

Fraternity from Richard Mosse on Vimeo.

Artist's blurb:

Fraternity was shot at Yale University's infamous DKE frat house in under an hour. The men were happy to participate in the project in exchange for a keg of beer. They compete against each other to shout or scream the loudest and for the longest time. When they cannot scream any longer they must stop, and cannot begin again. DKE (pronounced Deke) stands for Delta Kappa Epsilon, and counts five US presidents in its alumni, including George Bush Jr, George Bush Sr, Gerald Ford and Theodore Roosevelt. Other famous Dekes include three Justices of the US Supreme Court, one Vice President, and countless State Governors, Senators and Speakers.

Guys like this are guys who end up running the country. Think about it.

1 comment:

Ultra Dave said...

In the frat house, everyone can hear you scream......

Related Posts with Thumbnails