C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, May 19, 2009

WTF: Michael Steele on Gay Marriage

Michael Steele, Fuckhead-in-Chief of the Republican Party, had this to say about the effect of same-sex marriage on small businesses, at a state convention in Savannah, Georgia, over the weekend:

Now all of a sudden I've got someone who wasn't a spouse before, that I had no responsibility for, who is now getting claimed as a spouse that I now have financial responsibility for. So how do I pay for that? Who pays for that? You just cost me money.
What a dumb shit. You know, that sounds so much like the segregation talk I heard growing up in the Deep South: a willful refusal to see blacks as human beings, with rights and needs equal to those of white people. What's the difference in that, and Steele's homophobic remarks?

Steele needs to stop and remember the road his people have trod, just within living memory. As usual, Keith Olbermann skewers the assholistic thinking with blazing wit:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails