C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, May 11, 2009

Bullshit Alert: General Jones on DADT

Damn, I can smell it all the way out here in Texas:



Jones is Obama's National Security Advisor. The Servicemembers Legal Defense Network has this to say:

There have been almost a dozen studies on the topic. Going back to 1993, RAND did a study on the impact of openly gay and lesbian soldiers on unit cohesion. Their conclusion: no negative impact. Every scientific, credible study since then has come to the same conclusion. SLDN had hoped this president would offer leadership, not give in to some throwaway study or commission. The right approach would be a presidential working group that focuses solely on implementation and reports back to the president with recommendations within 90 days.
Yeah, but don't hold your breath, guys. This topic is going nowhere fast, and that's a real pisser.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails